The AD Forex trend indicator for beginners is an easy to use trend-following Metatrader 4 indicator that delivers profitable buy/sell signals on any currency pair.
The indicator appears in a sub-trading window below the main trading chart.
The AD indicator consists of a blue and red colored trend signal line that’s based on a Moving Average and an algorithm.
Interpret the AD signal line as follows:
- A blue signal line represents a buy trend.
- A red signal line represents a sell trend.
It’s basically that simple!
It’s a good choice for beginner Forex traders but also fits seasoned traders.
- For scalping, apply the indicator on the M1 and M5 charts.
- For intraday trading, apply the indicator on the M15 and M30 charts.
- For swing trading, apply the indicator on the H1, H4 and D1 trading charts.
Tip: Combine this trend-following indicator with the Stochastic oscillator to generate quick scalping signals.
- AD indicator trend up (blue signal line): trade the oversold Stochastic indicator signals.
- AD indicator trend down (red signal line): trade the overbought Stochastic indicator signals.
Feel free to explore the AD trend indicator’s different parameters and settings to create your personalized indicator setup.
Download This MT4 Forex Indicator Free
AD Forex Trend Indicator Chart
Here’s an example of how the indicator should look like when loaded onto the Metatrader 4 chart.
This indicator works for any currency pair and time frame of your preference.
Finding Buy and Sell Triggers With The AD Forex Trend MT4 Indicator For Beginners
Below is an example of how to buy and sell currency pairs with this Forex indicator:
Buy Trigger: Buy the Forex pair when the AD trend indicator starts drawing a blue signal line on the chart.
Place a protective stop loss below trading support, or use your own stop loss placement strategy.
Close the buy trade for a reward/risk ratio of 1.8 or higher.
Alternatively, go for a fixed take profit target, for example, exit the buy trade for 15 pips on the 1-minute scalping chart.
Sell Trigger: Sell the Forex pair when the AD trend indicator starts drawing a red signal line on the chart.
Place a protective stop loss above trading resistance, or use your own stop loss placement strategy.
Close the sell trade for a reward/risk ratio of 1.8 or higher.
Alternatively, go for a fixed take profit target, for example, exit the sell trade for 70 pips on the 1-hour swing trading chart.
Download This Forex Indicator Now
Method, algo 1, algo 2, MA period, colors, width, style.
The indicator can be used as a stand-alone signals indicator.
It can also be combined with:
- Trading oscillators (MACD, Stochastic, DeMarker,…)
- Trend indicators (Moving Average, Bollinger Bands, ADMI, Parabolic SAR,…)
- Price action methods and techniques
More Info About This Indicator
Tradable Currency pairs: Any
Trading Platform: MT4
Time frames: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1
Indicator Type: trend
Copy and paste the indicator in the MT4 indicators data folder.
Then restart the MT4 terminal and attach it to any chart.