The DWMA Moving Average indicator for Metatrader 4 is an enhanced moving average that shows the overall market trend with better accuracy.
The indicator pops up on the chart as a red line and updates the moving average in real-time.
In essence, the trend is positive when price is trading above the moving average while negative below.
Buy & sell signal:
- Open a buy trade when the candlestick closes above the DWMA Moving Average from below.
- Open a sell trade when the candlestick closes below the DWMA Moving Average from above.
From our testings, the indicator does not repaint and works for any currency pair and time frame without slowing down the trading platform.
It can be used as a standalone technical tool or it can be combined with other technical indicators and trading strategies.
Try first on a demo account until you fully understand how this indicator works!
Indicator Chart Example
The picture above shows the indicator attached to the Euro / U.S. Dollar chart.
How to install the DWMA Moving Average indicator to your Metatrader 4 platform?
- Download the idwma-indicator.mq4 indicator file here and save it to your computer
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform
- Click on “File” (top menu) and then select “Open Data Folder” from the drop down menu
- Click on “MQL4” and open the “Indicators” folder
- Paste the indicator file in this folder
- Restart Metatrader 4 and you’re ready to start using the indicator
How to edit the indicator?
- Attach the indicator to any trading chart of your preference
- Right click in the chart and select “Indicators List” from the drop down menu
- Select the indicator from the list and click on “Edit”
- Now you can start editing the indicator (Inputs, Colors and Visualization)
- Final step, click on the “OK” button to save the new configuration