The Forex Sessions indicator for Metatrader 4 displays all major Forex sessions on the main trading chart.
The different Forex sessions appear as colored rectangles on the chart and they can be used for no lag breakout trading.
The shorter-term trend is considered bullish when the price breaks above the previous session high price.
The shorter-term trend is considered bearish when the price breaks below the previous session low price.
Buy & sell signal:
- Open a buy trade when the price closes above the previous session high.
- Open a sell trade when the price closes below the previous session low.
From our testings, the indicator does not repaint and works for any currency pair and time frame without slowing down the trading platform.
It can be used as a standalone technical tool or it can be combined with other technical indicators and trading strategies.
Try first on a demo account until you fully understand how this indicator works!
Indicator Chart Example
The picture above shows the indicator attached to the U.S. Dollar / Japanese Yen chart.
How to install the Forex Sessions indicator to your Metatrader 4 platform?
- Download the i-Sessions.ex4 indicator file here and save it to your computer
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform
- Click on “File” (top menu) and then select “Open Data Folder” from the drop down menu
- Click on “MQL4” and open the “Indicators” folder
- Paste the indicator file in this folder
- Restart Metatrader 4 and you’re ready to start using the indicator
How to edit the indicator?
- Attach the indicator to any trading chart of your preference
- Right click in the chart and select “Indicators List” from the drop down menu
- Select the indicator from the list and click on “Edit”
- Now you can start editing the indicator (Inputs, Colors and Visualization)
- Final step, click on the “OK” button to save the new configuration