The Half Trend indicator with Arrows for Metatrader 4 looks similar to the classic Half Trend indicator but this version comes with an alerts system.
The indicator can be used for both trade entries and exits and alerts you when a new trading signal occurs on the chart (signal + arrows).
- A new buy signal occurs when the Half Trend indicator starts drawing the blue signal line.
- A new sell signal occurs when the Half Trend indicator starts drawing the orange signal line.
For best performance, deploy the Half Trend indicator on the lower spread currency pairs during the London and American trading sessions.
From our testing, the indicator does not repaint and works for any currency pair and time frame without slowing down the trading platform.
It can be used as a standalone technical tool or it can be combined with other technical indicators and trading systems.
Try first on a demo account until you fully understand how this indicator works!
Indicator Chart Example
The picture above shows the indicator attached to the Euro / U.S. Dollar chart.
How to install the Half Trend Forex indicator with Alerts to your Metatrader 4 platform?
- Download the half-trend-buy-sell-indicator.mq4 indicator file here and save it to your computer
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform
- Click on “File” (top menu) and then select “Open Data Folder” from the drop down menu
- Click on “MQL4” and open the “Indicators” folder
- Paste the indicator file in this folder
- Restart Metatrader 4 and you’re ready to start using the indicator
How to edit the indicator?
- Attach the indicator to any trading chart of your preference
- Right click in the chart and select “Indicators List” from the drop down menu
- Select the indicator from the list and click on “Edit”
- Now you can start editing the indicator (Inputs, Colors and Visualization)
- Final step, click on the “OK” button to save the new configuration