The Heiken Ashi Forex system indicator for Metatrader 4 is a solid trading system based on Heiken Ashi candlesticks and the 60 period moving average.
The trading system appears in the main chart window.
The trading rules to buy and sell with this system goes as follows:
- Open a buy trade when the blue colored arrow appears on the chart and the Heiken Ashi candlestick is positioned above the 60 period moving average (bullish)
- Open a sell trade when the magenta colored arrow appears on the chart and the Heiken Ashi candlestick is positioned below the 60 period moving average (bearish)
From our testings, the indicator does not repaint and works for any currency pair and time frame without slowing down the trading platform.
It can be used as a standalone technical tool or it can be combined with other technical indicators and trading systems.
Try first on a demo account until you fully understand how this indicator works!
Indicator Chart Example
The picture above shows the indicator attached to the Euro / U.S. Dollar chart.
How to install the Heiken Ashi System indicator to your Metatrader 4 platform?
- Download the heiken-ashi-2xcci-ma-swing-mtf.mq4 indicator file here and save it to your computer
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform
- Click on “File” (top menu) and then select “Open Data Folder” from the drop down menu
- Click on “MQL4” and open the “Indicators” folder
- Paste the indicator file in this folder
- Restart Metatrader 4 and you’re ready to start using the indicator
How to edit the indicator?
- Attach the indicator to any trading chart of your preference
- Right click in the chart and select “Indicators List” from the drop down menu
- Select the indicator from the list and click on “Edit”
- Now you can start editing the indicator (Inputs, Colors and Visualization)
- Final step, click on the “OK” button to save the new configuration