The Jurik Moving Average for Metatrader 4 is a solid technical tool that shows bullish and bearish trends for any time frame.
The indicator draws the moving average in the main chart window as a red line that follows the overall trend.
The overall trend is considered bullish when price is trading above it and bearish when price is trading below it.
Buy & sell signal:
- A bullish signal is given when price crosses the Jurik Moving Average bottom-up.
- A bearish signal is given when price crosses the Jurik Moving Average top-down.
- Close the open trade when an opposite trading signal gets printed on the chart.
From our testings, the indicator does not repaint and works for any currency pair and time frame without slowing down the trading platform.
It can be used as a standalone technical tool or it can be combined with other technical indicators and trading strategies.
Try first on a demo account until you fully understand how this indicator works!
Indicator Chart Example
The picture above shows the indicator attached to the Euro / U.S. Dollar technical chart.
How to install the Jurik Moving Average indicator to your Metatrader 4 platform?
- Download the jurik-moving-average.mq4 indicator file here and save it to your computer
- Open your Metatrader 4 platform
- Click on “File” (top menu) and then select “Open Data Folder” from the drop down menu
- Click on “MQL4” and open the “Indicators” folder
- Paste the indicator file in this folder
- Restart Metatrader 4 and you’re ready to start using the indicator
How to edit the indicator?
- Attach the indicator to any trading chart of your preference
- Right click in the chart and select “Indicators List” from the drop down menu
- Select the indicator from the list and click on “Edit”
- Now you can start editing the indicator (Inputs, Colors and Visualization)
- Final step, click on the “OK” button to save the new configuration