The MA Cross Forex indicator for Metatrader 4 is a trading system that transforms moving averages into a powerful buy/sell oscillator.
Buying and selling with this indicator is simple and straightforward.
A bullish trade should be opened when the blue MA Cross signal line turns back above the 0.00 level.
A bearish trade should be opened when the blue MA Cross signal line turns back below the 0.00 level.
Download the ma-cross-indicator.mq4 indicator file (MT4)
The picture below is an example of how the MA Cross Forex indicator looks like when applied to the EUR/USD 1-hour trading chart.
How to buy and sell currency pairs with the MA Cross indicator?
The indicator can be used in multiple ways, please find a classic trading example below:
- A buy signal is given when the blue MA Cross line crosses back above the 0.00 level.
- Place your stop loss 5 pips below support.
- Take profit at a fixed pip target level (for example 15 pips on the M5 trading chart) or close the buy trade when a sell signal occurs on the chart.
- A sell signal is given when the blue MA Cross line crosses back below the 0.00 level.
- Place your stop loss 5 pips above resistance.
- Take profit at a fixed pip target level or close the buy trade when a buy signal occurs on the chart.
How to I install and run this Forex indicator on Metatrader 4?
- Download the ma-cross-indicator.mq4 indicator file here and save it to your computer
- Open the Metatrader 4 trading platform
- From the top menu, click on “File” to open the drop down menu
- Select the “open data folder” and navigate to the “MQL4” folder
- Then navigate to the “Indicators” folder
- Copy the indicator into the “Indicators” folder
- Close the trading platform and restart it
- The indicator will be automatically installed on MT4
- You will find the installed indicator in the Navigator window
- In order to start using it, drag and drop the indicator to the chart